- Codex B & Its Allies Vol 1 & 2
- Concerning the Text of the Apocalypse
- The Original Ending of Mark
- An Exact Transcript of the Codex Augiensis by F.H. Scrivener
- The Revision Revised
- The Traditional Text of the Holy Gospels
- The Causes of Corruption of the Traditional Text
- The Last Twelve Verses of Mark
- The Majority Text: Essays and Reviews in the Continuing Debate
- The Revised Version of the First Three Gospels by F.C. Cook
- Identity of the New Testament Text IV
- Inspiration and Interpretation
- JCR v12n02 Symposium on the Biblical Text
- The Oxford Debate on the Textual Criticism of the New Testament
- Supplement to an Inquiry into the Integrity of the Greek Vulgate
Download the PDF
Dean John William Burgon has amassed overwhelming evidence from manuscripts, lectionaries, ancient versions, and church fathers proving the genuineness of the last twelve verses of Mark!
In the 350 pages of this book, Dean Burgon has proved that Mark 16:9-20 (the last twelve verses of Mark), is a genuine part of Mark's Gospel about which we should have no doubts whatsoever! A thorough grasp of Burgon's methodology of textual criticism such as is exhibited in these pages will convince the honest reader to reject the false conclusions regarding these twelve verses.
If indeed, as Dean Burgon shows clearly, "B" (Vaticanus) and "Aleph" (Sinaiticus) are in serious error here, they can not be trusted elsewhere either! The manuscripts, the lectionaries, the ancient versions, and the quotations from the church fathers all unite to show that Mark 16:9-20 was in Mark's Gospel from the very beginning!