Confessional Bibliology Reading Contest
January 1, 2020 @ 8:00 am - May 1, 2021 @ 5:00 pm
Requirements for Competition
- Read the Books listed below
- Write an 8-15 page paper following the guidelines listed below
- Everyone who reads all the books and turns in all the papers wins:
- 1xLeatherbound TBS GNT (if available)
- 1xThe Ecclesiastical Text: Criticism, Biblical Authority & the Popular Mind by Dr. Theodore Letis.
- Grand Prize: 1xReprint of Stephanus 1550 (https://www.biblicalheritageexhibit.com/products/stephanus-greek-text-1550)
- All papers must be turned in within 30 days after the end of the month. For example, January 2020’s paper is due by March 1st 2020.
Sign-Up Form: CLICK HERE!
The papers must be typed, one inch margins, double-spaced, and 8-15 pages in length. The paper should follow the turabian guidelines(See below). You will have to create your own outline from the textbook, and develop your content and argument discussing with the ideas of the author from the same book as stating its strength and weakness of the paper.
A Manual for Writers of Research Papers, Theses, and Dissertations, Ninth Edition: Chicago Style for Students and Researchers
By Kate L. Turabian
All books are linked at the site and are either free or near free.
February 2020 – The Text of the New Testament by Dr. Bruce M. Metzger & Dr. Bart Ehrman
March 2020 – The Doctrinal Various Readings of the New Testament & The Revised Version of the New Testament by R. L. Dabney
April 2020 – The Text of the New Testament – Critical Editions and Modern Textual Criticism by Kurt Aland
May 2020 – Disputations on Holy Scripture by William Whitaker
June 2020 – Handbook to the Textual Criticism of the New Testament by Frederick G. Kenyon
July 2020 – Critical History of the Text of the New Testament by Richard Simon
August 2020 – The Holy Bible by John Owen as a blog series: John Owen’s Doctrine of Preservation
September 2020 – The Orthodox Corruption of Scripture by Dr. Bart Ehrman
October 2020 – An Introduction to the New Testament Manuscripts and Their Texts by D.C. Parker
November 2020 – Bernardinus de Moor’s Didactico-Elenctic Theology That is, his Continuous Commentary on Johannes Marckius’ Didactico-Elenctic Compendium of Christian Theology Volume 2: Concerning the Principium of Theology, or Holy Scripture
December 2020 – Westcott & Hort Introduction to the New Testament in the Original Greek
January 2021 – B.B. Warfield An Introduction to the Textual Criticism of the NT