- Codex B & Its Allies Vol 1 & 2
- Concerning the Text of the Apocalypse
- The Original Ending of Mark
- An Exact Transcript of the Codex Augiensis by F.H. Scrivener
- The Revision Revised
- The Traditional Text of the Holy Gospels
- The Causes of Corruption of the Traditional Text
- The Last Twelve Verses of Mark
- The Majority Text: Essays and Reviews in the Continuing Debate
- The Revised Version of the First Three Gospels by F.C. Cook
- Identity of the New Testament Text IV
- Inspiration and Interpretation
- JCR v12n02 Symposium on the Biblical Text
Click on the PDF icon to download
In this book, Dean Burgon illustrates five accidental causes and ten intentional causes behind the corruption of the traditional received Greek text. This corruption was chiefly at the hands of the editors of a small band of manuscripts headed up by the Vatican Sinai ("B" and "Aleph").
The Causes of Corruption of the Holy Gospels is a sequel to the Traditional Text. It is another of Dean John William Burgon's Masterpieces. It is loaded, as are all of his books, with overwhelming evidence from manuscripts, lectionaries, ancient versions, and church fathers. His arguments are powerful and convincing!