It takes the proper application of the appropriate methods to either confirm or disprove the authenticity of a handwriting sample that appears on a document. The conclusion may mean substantiating a person’s intent and preventing a fraud. Revised and expanded to reflect the most recent innovations in the field of forensic document examination, Scientific Examination of Documents: Methods and Techniques, Third Edition explains the various methods used to scrutinize documents in question.
This essential, cutting-edge book begins with an assessment of handwriting techniques, the accidental and deliberate modification of handwriting, and the proper collection of samples. It also reviews traditional and modern typewriting technologies, as well as the analysis of photocopies, incidental marks, the functions of photography in document examination, and courtroom applications.
This New Edition:READ MORE
- Provides an illustration of the latest methods of document examination
- Includes a comparison between ink jet and laser printing
- Explains the improvements made to the Video Spectral Comparator (VSC)
To avoid the consequences that may occur from not fully substantiating a document’s authenticity, Scientific Examination of Documents: Methods and Techniques, Third Edition is an important guide to refer to at all times.
- Discusses issues regarding handwritten, printed, and photocopied documents
- Details techniques for the examination of the materials of documents
- Illustrates the necessity of employing proper scientific methods during an examination